Downs Baptist Church Child Protection Policy/Web Site Child Protection Statement
Downs Baptist Church regards child protection and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people, it has developed and operates a formal child protection policy.
The church is committed to ensuring that all leaders working with children or young people:
● have undergone a Disclosure & Barring System check at enhanced level.
● are adequately trained and supervised.
● understand and follow the church’s child protection policy.
Everyone in a helper position working with children or young people:
is always accompanied by a supervisor who has undergone a Disclosure and Barring Check at enhanced level.
The child protection policy may be viewed and/or a copy obtained from the pastor.
As part of this church’s commitment to children and young people, it has appointed Kathy Stevens and Gareth Woolcott as Children’s Advocates. All the children and young people involved in activities within the church know who they are and how they can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Baptist Union and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
Downs Baptist Church
• recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
• is committed to supporting parents and families.
• recognises the unique and individual worth of each child.
• is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people.
• exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
• is committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people.
• seeks to support all those affected by abuse.
• is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
• is committed to the management and supervision of known offenders in the church.
• will review its child protection policy annually.
If you have any concerns for a child or in relation to any child protection matter then please speak to one of the Children’s Advocates.