What an interesting afternoon! We learnt so much about ants!
After an infestation at home, Ann brought out some interesting observations. We really aren’t all that different you know!
Have a read of Proverbs 6 v 6-8 and Proverbs 30 v 25.
There are different types of ants but they all share the same characteristics. Christians come in all shapes and sizes and from different denominations but we belong to the same family. We belong to God and are loved by Him.
- Have respect for one another. No rivalry! All working together in unity.
- The queen in the colony is the giver of life. There is purpose and a hope. The queen is respected and cared for. Our God is the giver of life and deserves our respect, honour and love. Deuteronomy 6 v 5. Look to Him.
- They live in community. Each ant has a part to play and is always busy working towards one goal – preserving the nest, caring for the queen and the next generation. Ephesians 4 v 11-13. We should all play our part.
- They communicate with each other. We should bear one another’s burdens and share the good things that God has done. We need to speak in a language that people can understand especially to the younger generation.
- They are united in their commitment to the colony – they share the same DNA. As Christians we share the Spirit’s DNA. We need to live in unity. Psalm 133. Jesus prayed this for us in John 17, that we may all be one.
You are very welcome to join us on Thursday afternoons at 2pm in the Parish Room of the Holy Cross in Woodingdean.